Pregnancy research study (BioBAYB): Oregon Health and Science University

Hi! I’m excited to join the QS platform. I thought this study may be of interest to individuals here–and I’m happy to take any questions you may have. I’m the principal investigator for this study and we’re looking for pregnant individuals interested in participating in research.

Currently enrolling participants living in OR, WA, or CA only.

Curious about when labor might begin?

So are we! In this study we ask participants to wear a ring (Oura) on their finger that measures biological signals like temperature, heart rate, breathing, sleep and movement. We will track in real-time changes the body is going through as pregnancy gets further along and postpartum too. Participants get to keep the device (and a copy of their data), no visits required. We also invite partners/spouses to enroll as well.

Qualifications to participate:
Planning vaginal birth, generally healthy pregnancy, age 18-50, willing to use smartphone

To find out more information and to learn if you are qualified to participate, email ericksel@ohsu.edu, or visit our website

BioBAYB

Principal Investigator: Elise Erickson, PhD, CNM

OHSU
eIRB#: 2005

Welcome! Will you say more about the data access offered? How does it work?

Hi! Yes— we will provide a zipped csv file of the data from the participants’ stored ring data. If the survey data is also desired, we can put that into a csv or other format if desired (R, stats, SAS.).

Thanks for the question—
Elise

Thank you Elise for that quick answer. Good luck with your study!