QS Business Models

Hi Everyone

I’ve been reading with interest all the startups that have arisen/been inspired by the QS group.

I’m just curious why none have dominated yet (or have they and I don’t know it).

What are your thoughts? Is the business model all wrong, should health practitioners have been involved, wrong value prop etc etc

Health apps fail to hook users because of reactance - a a motivational reaction to offers, persons, or rules that threaten or eliminate specific behavioral freedoms. Occurs when a person feels that someone or something is taking away his or her choices or limiting the range of alternatives. The effect is an opposition to the offer. Fitocracy is one of the few fitness apps that instead of nagging users with reminders of being unfit, matches them up with others who enjoy the same sport activity.

See more at my summary of Nir Eyal’s talk “building habit-forming products”.

There are different reasons for (and approaches to) tracking, so I wouldn’t expect one service to “dominate”.

That said, there are a lot of “me too” products on the market that don’t have any unique benefits, so there will be some “consolidation” as the market matures…