QS Survey for Health Promotion

Hi there,

My name is Jennifer Ryan, I am a Health Promotion Master’s student at The National University of Ireland Galway and I have joined forces with Quantified Self Dublin and Life-Logging Dublin in a research project to explore your experiences of self-tracking, gain insight into what interests you most and what you hope to see more of in the future.

This research gives you with the opportunity to evaluate your self-tracking methods and tools, share your experiences with us and have your say in the future development of this area, by following the link below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/quantifiedselfsurvey

This survey involves 26 questions and should take approximately 5 minutes to complete.

The final question asks permission for me to contact you to participate in a short interview. This interview will be conducted by myself and will include further questions around your experiences, thoughts and opinions around self-tracking both on a personal level and its uses in the wider population. If you choose to take part in the interview it will be conducted at a time that suits you and can be completed over the phone or through skype. If you do not wish to take part in the interview please still fill out the survey as any insight you can offer into this area will be of great use to the research.

Confidentiality and Anonymity:

You will not be asked to share any of the data you have tracked about yourself. Your anonymity will be protected at all times and your name will not be used in the research. All documents will be stored in a secure location throughout the duration of the study and retained in accordance with NUI Galway’s research data policy.

If you have any questions regarding participating in this study, please do not hesitate to contact me using the details below.

Thanks so much for your time and I look forward to learning from you all.

Kind regards,

Jennifer Ryan

Email: j.ryan45@nuigalway.ie

Hello Jennifer,

I wish you much good luck with your survey. Though I got one question. What are self-made devices for tracking?

Best regards,

Albert