QS18 Roommates and Travel Planning

Looking to cut down on costs while staying in Portland for QS18? This thread is the space for attendees to connect with one another for sharing a Marriott Residence Inn room. Post here to let people know that you are looking for a roommate. Or use this thread to find a potential room buddy. We encourage you to stay at the hotel, which is very nice, not too expensive, and gives us all a chance to socialize at the end of the day.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
First time (potential!) attendee from Winnipeg, Manitoha.

Is anyone looking to share a room at QS18? If so, I would be interested in minimizing costs! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Kerri,

I just decided to join the QS18 conference and yes: I am interested in reducing the costs for logging.
Guess, that you probably already found a solution for your stay but nonetheless I write back. Maybe you have an idea or a hint? I am a (male…) Swiss filmaker interested in the topic of QS and yes, I am also a first time attendee. I will arrive in Portland Thur 20 aoround 10 pm and leave Mon 24 very late in the night.
Maybe hear from you or anyone else?!

Best, Manuel

1 Like

We (the Beeminder founders) live in northeast Portland but are tempted to get a room at the conference hotel to stay where the action is. I think cutting the cost in half by sharing a room would push us off the fence (and it’s more fun that way anyway).

Separate from that, if you really want to cut down on cost and don’t mind commuting from around 57th and Sandy, our house is available.

I have a room at the Marriott Courtyard downtown, 1.2 miles from the conference, friday and saturday night. I have 2 queen beds, willing to share and split costs with another female. Let me know if you’re interested.

1 Like