Quantifying the self - Why I track 80 metrics about my life every day

I started a data blog on my quantified self journey. You can read the first post here.

Let me know what you think, and if there’s anything in particular you’d be interested in reading in future posts. Thanks!

3 Likes

Cool! Great sense of humour in your writing, easy to read with really direct simple language.

I’d be interested to see if you were to make infographics or even learn how to make infographics.

And also how you deal with the times you’ve changed direction, or shifted thinking about what is important to track etc.

Thank you for posting this. Would you like to present this on January 14 at the QS Show&Tell? I know there will be interest in what you did, how you did it, and what you learned. :grinning:

Hi Said, thank you so much! I’m glad you liked it.

Yes, I have made some infographics. I visualize the trends, as well as top correlations with my other metrics. I write about it in this blog post (with some interactive visualizations).

Regarding changing directions, sometimes I stop caring about a particular metric and then I either skip over it in my daily logging sesh, or I delete it entirely. As for adding shifting what’s important to track, I add new metrics all the time! I find that I add many more metrics to the mix than I delete ones I stop caring about.

I won’t be able to make the 14th, but please count me in for the next one!

Fascinating mate! I’m so curious hey.

I dipped my toes into tracking last year, really enjoyed what tracking I did. I didn’t deeply review the data! Outside of general observation, I didn’t come anywhere near statistics or even tallying. Which… I think I’m going to get back into doing. I’d love to make little graphs and things and play with data in fun ways.

1 Like