Ever had a severe injury? I have made some slides about my personal story, for a recent presentation for Jakob Eg Larsen at the Denmark Technical University (DTU) at QS Copenhagen.
Here's the link:
My Lessons Learned (this is in the slides):
- ‘Citizen’s science’ and ‘Patient Expertise’ support faster diagnosis and better/accelerated treatments
- The responsibility of healthy living primarily lies with you
- Exercise is crucial for mental and physical health, but load and loadability should always be carefully observed.
- Physical and mental fitness is a big plus, when recovering from operation or injury
- Recovery processes are very similar to training programs
- Be a good patient, but not a ‘victim’
- Put a 100% trust in your caregivers, but make sure to close the gap between them
- Build a support network.
I hope this can be use to people that are the same process now as I was back then. Feel free to share this and discuss, please contact me if you have any questions.
Best regards, Marcel.