(1) Great work. I believe that collecting your data is a great first step and think it's great you are pursuing data science to find answers.
(2) I am about to hire a biostatistician for another project. As soon as they are on board, we can ask them to sort out your data questions.
(3) In the meantime, have you tried Cross Validated on StackOverflow? There are thousands of statisticians who answer questions like yours. Read the FAQ though - you need to ask questions in specific ways for the community to answer your question.
(4) Have you considered your microbiome as well? Microbiomes are being found to be the source of a variety of conditions (i.e. just last week, hypertension was caused and cured in rats by swapping microbiomes.) It is virtually certain that the microbiome is related in some significant way to IBS.
(4a) Evidence might be seen in your data if you have seen a change in your symptoms while on antibiotics. Any chance you have that data?
(4b) Additional evidence might be seen if you take probiotics after being on antibiotics (i.e. cleanse then colonize). Any chance that is part of your dataset?
(5) We have a system for instantiating N=1 studies in a way that makes the entire process an assembly line that can be repeated. It could be interesting for us to wire up your data to the system and see if we can help in your analysis. You could even integrate your Pandas work into the assembly line if it turns out to be valuable.
Feel free to email if you are interested in chatting more. (gillam at gmail)
Michael Gillam, MD, FACEP