Research Collaboration (Data Stream Miner)

Hi Friends,
I am new to this world of QS, I am working on research project and want to apply Data mining algorithms on live QS streams. Please suggest me how I can access the data into my mobile App.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi Habib, welcome to the forum; there is quite a lot of expertise here. The best way to connect is to ask more specific questions, with some details about your project.

+1 to what Gary said.

What “QS streams” are you interested in? What are the algorithms looking at / doing? How are they logging the output?

These are just some of the questions that will influence the outcome as to how you can access “the data into [your] mobile app”. Any more info you can post would be, perhaps, very helpful.

Thanks You Very Much Gary and Dave!
Actually I am working on a mobile recommender system. My purpose is to analyze the quantified activities data and recommend the modifications in lifestyle. I am not sure whether this kind of apps are already in practice or not? Moreover, If someone can share his/her experiences and activity recognition code It’ll be very help to me.

Thanks and Best Regards!
Habib

Lots of passive “recommendation” systems exist. A very basic example of this could be Fitbit; there is a recommended number of steps to be taken, glasses of water to be consumer, etc.

I think for recommendations to be of most value you need to pick a well defined, concise area of lifestyle, and nail it. I can’t think of one tool I’ve used that “nails it” just yet… but it’s coming (or maybe already here).

It’s a very difficult task to produce detailed recommendations because of the variance in bio individuality.

Do you have a specific area of interest, Habib?

Sorry for late reply Dave,
Actually, I am looking for health related data streams (in android apps) so that we can recommend the activities on the basis of physiological data as well as environmental data. For example, a diabetic patient may need a physical workout as the outside temperature may be suitable for her and she had already taken extra calories and her blood pressure and heart rate is stable.

Have you come across these two pages?

https://spark.apache.org/streaming/

May be useful :slight_smile: