Seeking input for Kaimo, a new self-experimentation platform

Hello everyone!

My name is Chris, and I’m really excited about the potential for self-experimentation to improve people’s lives. I personally have solved asthma and insomnia issues through systematic experimentation. Through talking to others, I’ve seen that simple, well-designed self-experiments can improve diet and fitness, reduce stress, improve sleep quality and productivity, and help people in many other ways. But very few people run self-experiments, and it’s easy to see why: it’s hard to know where to start, which statistics to use, how long to run an experiment for, whether you can trust the results, and so on.

I created Kaimo with my friend Jack because we think that the potential for game-changing discoveries is too great to let complexity and uncertainty keep people from running self-experiments. I hope you don’t mind if I share some words on Kaimo.

First of all, this platform is built for you and will remain free to use. Kaimo allows you to quickly find and test health changes to reach your goals (energy, sleep, mood, fat loss, etc.).

Some key elements that set Kaimo apart:

• Growing library of diets, supplements, and lifestyle changes to try
  • Easy ways to record metrics (sleep quality, energy, focus, pain, mood, etc.)
  • Reminders, notifications, and progress updates
  • Data visualization and analysis
  • Beautiful interface to make self-experimentation fun and easy

We’re new, and in beta at the moment. We still have lots of work to do, and would love to have your feedback so we can make Kaimo the ideal platform for you.

You can sign up here in less than 5 minutes → https://kaimoapp.com

Best,
Chris

2 Likes

Hi Chris, how is it going? Did many QS people sign up? (I didn’t see a response here but I can see the users clicked on the link…) You mentioned that you solved asthma issues through systematic experimentation. That’s interesting - can you say more?