Self-tracking ability to discriminate between colors

Hello folks, a very happy 2022! I’m talking to a friend who’s a technical expert on color, and we’re noodling around experimenting with taking some kind of color discrimination test on a regular basis. Perhaps using some kind of simplified Farnsworth–Munsell 100 hue test .

Why? Well, it seems interesting, really!

Has anyone else done anything like this?

1 Like

I’m embarking on a project to increase the discriminability of 2 similar colors using neurofeedback on the mismatch negativity signal collected from my Interaxon Muse headset (similar to Unconscious improvement in foreign language learning using mismatch negativity neurofeedback: A preliminary study). I haven’t decided which colors to use yet, though. Perhaps you friend would have some thoughts.

It would be interesting to see how much drift there is in this normally without the training.

Definitely interesting. I don’t have design ideas right off the bat but I’d glad to participate!

Thanks for your thoughts, Griffin and Gary!

I’m currently playing with a mock-up test/game using Keynote (which by the way, I’m reminded, is a terrific tool for building early-stage prototypes).

I’ll certainly share something in the near-ish future.

2 Likes