Similar communities to QS

Hi everyone. Really enjoyed the posts on here and have binge-read approximately the last year or so of posts and plan to keep reading until I read them all!

I’ve seen reference to other communities, in particular the biohacking community. Just wondering if people could point me in the right direction of similar blogs/slack groups/websites etc.

Hi Kris, do you know Open Humans? Like minded community going strong! https://slackin.openhumans.org/

2 Likes

Thank you! Exactly the kind of group I was looking for. Any more recommendations would be much appreciated. Still got a lot more threads on here to get through to keep me busy :sweat_smile:!

r/InclinedBedTherapy: Inclined Bed Therapy

Inclined bed therapy is where one’s bed is raised 4 to 8 inches at the head by using bricks, wedges, or blocks to raise it. This can be useful in disorders such as spinal cord injury, back pain, acid reflux or GERD, sinus and respiratory disorders, sleep apnea, poor circulation.

316 subscribers, a community for 1 year

r/sleephackers: Sleep Hackers

Optimizing Sleep through a broad range experiments / biohacking using both subjective and objective metrics to evaluate the efficacy.

3,201 subscribers, a community for 1 year

r/QuantifiedDiabetes: QuantifiedDiabetes

A forum to discuss and collaborate on self-tracking and experiments to figure out how diabetes works and better control it.

153 subscribers, a community for 1 year

r/Supplements: Supplements

The supplements subreddit aims to discuss and share topics related to nutritional supplementation. This includes new research, potential supplement choices (ie. what should I take? What can replace xxx?), and general discussions on different categories of supplementation.

This subreddit is mostly powered by research from Examine.com, and some reading of the supplement on hand (either at this site or other sources) before posting is encouraged to facilitate discussion.

167,485 subscribers, a community for 12 years

r/mentalhealth: Mental Health

The Mental Health subreddit is the central forum to discuss, vent, support and share information about mental health, illness and wellness. This sub is moderated by the South Asian Mental Health Alliance (SAMHAA), a non-profit society dedicated to mental health stigma reduction through skill development and community building.
BlackLivesMatter

223,250 subscribers, a community for 12 years

r/polyphasic: Polyphasic Sleep

Polyphasic sleep is a practice based on division of sleep into several smaller blocks per day as opposed to sleeping in a single block common for most countries. Drawing inspiration in the siesta popular in Spain or segmented sleep widely spread before the advent of artificial lighting, sleeping polyphasically can, among others, reduce the total sleep time required, help with feeling of constant tiredness or help shift workers deal with their demanding work schedules.

10,384 subscribers, a community for 12 years

r/nutrition: Nutrition

A subreddit for the discussion of nutrition science. Macronutrients, micronutrients, vitamins, diets, and nutrition news are among the many topics discussed.

Civil discourse is required.

1,497,441 subscribers, a community for 12 years

r/longevity: Live better longer.

Reasons to hope to see the age of 100 and beyond: Biomedical rejuvenation through damage repair, manipulation of metabolism, beyond the mere results of exercise, caloric restriction, and fasting. Stem cell therapies, anti-cancer viruses, gene therapy, senolytics, and whatever is coming next…

/r/longevity is the place to find all information about new longevity, healthspan, happyspan, and rejuvenation research related news.

77,016 subscribers, a community for 11 years

2 Likes

Thank you very much for that list! Somewhat tangentially, I suffer with really bad fatigue and so have been thinking about experimenting with polyphasic sleeping cycles. Will definitely be checking that out and the other links.