Spiegel Online Article

I had a long interview with a journalist from Spiegel Online about the quantified self movement:
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/gesellschaft/0,1518,778467,00.html
The comments are pretty negative but the article is nice and that’s what matters :slight_smile:

Nice! I don’t read German, but Google Translate did a readable job.

Spiegel mentions that there are over 10k Quantified Selfers in the US, that we had the first conference in May, and that we’ll have a conference in Amsterdam. I think they also make fun of Seth’s standing on one leg for better sleep, but the translated version didn’t seem that negative compared to the article comments (“The hair could also be counted every morning.”, “One has to wonder however, why these vain and narcissistic center of the universe does not cover his daily methane gas production. Is well known, but a dangerous greenhouse gas.” :slight_smile:

[quote]I think they also make fun of Seth’s standing on one leg for better sleep, but the translated version didn’t seem that negative compared to the article comments[/quote]The article isn’t negative in original either.
The author isn’t really making fun when he recites Seth’s standing on one leg but simple recounts the facts of the experiment.

It’s just the comments by people who say all sorts of negative things about me. I didn’t even repeat Seth’s point about how self tracking is 100.000x as effective as traditional science :wink:
Repeating Seth’s comparison of quantified self to Martin Luther was enough to get them annoyed.