The best watch for self-trackers?

Hello,

I am on the market for a new watch, and I was wondering if you could recommend anything, based on your personal experience or reviews you read somewhere. I understand that most of the information nowadays can be collected using mobile phone, but having a watch that could be used a as self-tracking tool would be cool. I am looking for something “futuristic” looking, with at least 3 tracking functions related to diet, fitness, productivity, etc. (e.g., GPS, heart-rate monitor without the chest strap, etc.)

Thanks a lot in advance!

I am trying to quantify and gamify my everyday life. Please follow my experiment at http://www.measuredme.com

I’d like something similar, and have been following smart watches closely for the last few years.

There really isn’t anything on the market at the moment that is decent in both form and function.

The watches that have the ability to run apps are all fairly poor in terms of the hardware.

I have an answer, but it’s not very useful: a mobile phone. I don’t have a watch anymore, I use my phone to find out what time it is. And it is a mighty fine data collection device.

On the other hand, I have been thinking about getting a watch, if it could measure my heart rate better.