Toolmaker Talks & New Ideas

You may have noticed today that we posted a new Toolmaker Talk to the Quantified Self website. Today was our first foray into using Google Hangouts for video interviews and providing the audio of that interview for download. I’m still new at this and it’s going to be a learning process going forward.

I wanted to get your feedback and thoughts on this experiment. Additionally, is this something that you would be interested in seeing us expand?

Thanks!

[quote=“Ernesto_Ramirez, post:1, topic:633”]
I wanted to get your feedback and thoughts on this experiment. Additionally, is this something that you would be interested in seeing us expand?[/quote]

Not sure the video adds much (maybe if screen sharing was used?), but having the audio is nice!

Thanks Eric! I messed up the video and it didn’t switch between us when we spoke. Glad you found the audio useful. It’s definitely something I’m looking into doing more of going forward.

I agree with Eric that to make the video more valuable it would help to have a split screen (if possible) and to have both you and the interviewee optimally positioned in from of the camera. You both were looking downward, straight on or slightly up is better. Beyond that an intro and added visuals, such as slides would be useful, but that depends on how much time you want to spend in post-production.