1. Can you control who has access to your data?
You grant BodyMedia a “free of charge, non-revocable, permission” to use your data “in any manner”. BodyMedia can share your data with third parties, provided “your individual identity is not readily discernable”.
2. Can you export your data?
Daily summary data can be downloaded (one month at a time), and all data can be accessed through their API.
3. Can you close your account?
You can close your account. BodyMedia will “respond to a user’s request to delete or change their personal information within 30 days”.
4. Can the terms change without prior notice?
BodyMedia will “provide prominent notice to users” on their site when their terms change.
5. Can I trust them to keep my data secure?
BodyMedia’s website supports, but does not enforce using a secure connection (HTTPS).