Tracker of tracker question

Hey Guys and Gals,

After trying to find a way to collate all of the information I get from my FitBit, sleeptracker, LoseIt, and running apps I decided that there wasn’t one perfect one that I could find to do deeper analysis.

I am going to try to develop such a tracker. I was hoping to develop something that other people would find useful. Do you think you can take sometime to fill out this survey?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2NSK7TL

Thanks!

1 Like

What do you mean by “deeper analysis”?

Which running apps do you use?

Open M Health was supposed to do just that, if i recall correctly:

http://www.openmhealth.org/features/features-overview/

Good luck,

Ivana

1 Like

I have been searching for the same thing…and specifically, a way to collect time series data on food, mode, physical symptoms, and events notes (e.g. things that might have impacted other data). Unfortunately I couldn’t find an app to collect or correlate time series data, so I’ve been manually collecting in MS Excel and starting to look at the data in Tableau and MS Power BI. Not ideal, as I am not very skilled in analytics!

Frankly I’m surprised there isn’t a tracker of trackers, nor can I find solutions that understand time series data.

As one of your forum moderators I’m asking myself how to address this “tracker of tracker” question so that people who are curious can take advantage of some of the fairly deep knowledge that our forum participants have, without requiring starting from scratch every time it is asked. As a “newbie” myself in many different contexts, I don’t want to do anything to discourage seemingly naive or beginner questions, both because I can relate to them and because maybe these questions come attached to a person with much needed ideas/skills for solving a still unsolved problem. However, the problem is much deeper than in looks at first glance, and it would be great to be able to do something that gets people up to speed more easily. I’m game for editing/collaborating on a short essay about this, but would need help from others. Any volunteers among those who know the score? (Hint: @ejain?)

I’ve thought about building a flowchart that walks you through all the options, but it would get so complicated that no one would use it, even if people knew what they wanted in advance…

A short essay would be a great way to get people up to speed on the ideas behind Quantified Self, but for specifics, case studies seem more useful. Maybe what’s needed is a better way to find relevant show and tell talks; do we have a librarian? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Rebecca

I’d love your feedback on a service I’m building. It currently calls you to track data but also allows manual entry. The eventual idea (if it gains enough traction) is to build an app and bot to track data. The data is displayed on a dashboard view and can be exported to excel. Again the idea is to build on this and have connections to all other types of services (e.g. Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, runkeeper etc) and be able to analyse this data against each other.

Anyway let me know via a PM if you are interested in being a beta tester.

If anyone on the forum is interested go to
badgerme.co/invitation and put in QSForum as the How did you hear about BadgerMe? so I can put you on the beta plan.

Screenshot of current data collection

Regards
Yvonne

1 Like

Hi Yvvone - the service looks innovative. But personally, I don’t think i’d want to respond to a phone call. But I can see where there are many use cases where this would be way to collect data, especially for people who need “badgering” or a more traditional way to collect data (telephone). I bet the home care industry would love this kind of technology, to reach subscribers who need to communicate data on a regular basis (think: seniors)

1 Like

Thanks Rebecca. Yes good call on the home care industry. That’s definitely is one of the target markets.

In order for me to prioritise features, can you advise if it was just an app would that be of interest? TIA

Just wanted to second what Rebecca said about it sounding promising for home care and senior treatment tracking. I’ve heard patient compliance and tracking is a big problem.

If you have any interest in directly targeting the medical industry, I always thought this writeup was interesting. It makes the process actually sound doable even for small companies.

For personal tracking, I’d definitely prefer an app or mobile site to a phone call.

By deeper analysis, I mean the ability to see correlations and insights. I.e. how does sleep affect my mood or does the amount of carbs I consume have a bigger effect. I am looking for things that go beyond just tracking and get more into cause and effect relationships

You can analyze your existing data to find correlations, but to establishing cause and effect, you’ll have to do some A/B tests.

How do you track your mood?

I’m assuming you are using Fitbit to track your sleep?

What mood tracker would you suggest? I have been using Daylio

Daylio is a good choice; I plan to support that service in Zenobase as soon as they fix their data export format :slight_smile:

How much data do you have? People rarely collect enough data to be able to get statistically significant insights…