Urine tracker shoutout to Vivoo

I just started using Vivoo to track urine data. It’s pretty awesome and it looks like it hasn’t been spoken about here yet, so I wanted to get it on some people’s radar and generally support the company.

It tracks:

• pH
  • Hydration
  • White blood cell count
  • Kidney health
  • Liver health
  • UIT risk
  • Ketone levels

It stores all of the data in an app so you can see trends, then it has actionable advice to improve the metrics. I’ve been testing weekly at the same time of day and it seems to be pretty accurate and the advice is good.

If you’ve used a better urine tracker that stores data and has export functionality I’d also be curious to hear about it too. Seems like this one is the best on the market.

Amazon link - https://www.amazon.com/Vivoo-Strips-Urinalysis-Ketone-Infection/dp/B088TTY8VX

Thanks David, sounds interesting. What are the data export capabilities? Is it easy to get the data out, or is there a developer API?

Does it export data? How well does it all work? Studies?

It seems to work pretty well anecdotally – I spent two weeks eating more meat and very little fruits. The ph levels dropped and ketones rose. Then another day I drink some whiskey that was too old, and saw the WBC count rise. Not sure if there are studies.

Data export is actually a big issue. I assumed they had it but their customer support said they don’t. Do you all know of any app/tool to collect this data that does have export?

I suppose manually entering data would not be to difficult.

4:53 PM 3/25/2021 58;0SET
3:41 PM 3/26/2021 28;0SET

“The descriptive-word results are ambiguous and unquantified - what do “optimal” and “moderate” mean?”

Could be interesting for sure… Can you do readings while offline? Presumably you can’t just store the test strips and scan them hours later… Regarding precision: Have you compared two readings taken at the same time?

1 Like

Here are my results when I tried two tests on the same day.

I took 80mg of magnesium supplements and otherwise ate a normal omnivore selection of food, including banana, beef, wheat bread, misc. vegetables.

I’m not sure how informative this test can be if it varies so much in just 12 hours.

2 Likes

Was the 9am test before breakfast?

It kind of makes sense for the concentration of water-soluble supplements to vary a lot – even from one full bladder to the next?

I’m curious how fast my body gets rid of excess supplements. Some supplement brands sell “slow release” vitamin C – could use these tests to see how well that works? But might need something more concrete than “weak” and “great”…

1 Like

Yes, the 9am test was on an empty stomach (just a cup of coffee).

I suppose it’s possible that the test is correctly measuring things, but that these metabolites vary throughout the day, much as glucose does. I don’t know if there’s any special advantage to having, say, Vitamin C be released at regular levels. Maybe the body only uses it when it needs it, and having it at higher levels does no good?

Incidentally, except for magnesium, it seems pretty easy to find much cheaper tests. Walmart sells a pack of 100 test strips for $16 that includes 14 parameters: calcium, glucose, protein pH, leukocytes, nitrites, ketones (ketogenic diet, keto, ketone, ketosis), bilirubin, blood, urobilinogen microalbumin, creatinine, & specific gravity.

Magnesium tests appear to be harder to do – the sites I looked at seemed to require collecting a day’s worth of urine and analyzing it that way. So I wonder if the Vivoo one-time test is adequate.

1 Like

The supposed advantage is that when you ingest a lot of vitamin C all at once, most of it is excreted right away. Whereas if the intake is more spread out, your body can make better use of it. Test strips could help answer the question “how fast am I peeing out my expensive supplements” :grinning:

1 Like