We created a time analytics app and want your feedback

Hi everyone,

We created a time analytics app that integrates smoothly with your Google, Apple, and MSFT calendars to generate informative graphs and stats about how you’re spending your time. It’s kind of like Mint or Quickbooks, but for your time instead of money. You can align those metrics with your personal goals you create to see if you’re truly maximizing your time towards your personal success.

The app has lots of features, including an Internal/External chart that shows you how much time you’re meeting with people from other companies, a Recurring Meetings chart that shows who you’re meeting with most (and how much it’s costing you), a Free Time Finder, and lots more.

We would love any feedback from the Quantified Self community to help us improve! What sorts of features would you want to help your self-tracking? What insights would you love to see in a time analytics application? What time analytics apps have you tried in the past; what were your likes and dislikes about them? Give us a spin and let us know what you think. Thanks so much!

Check us out at timeboostapp.com.

1 Like

If you don’t already know about this, you should probably know about the rescue time app. I personally use an open-source tool called selfspy to collect this sort of data, this tool also keeps track of keypresses, which I track. I also do time tracking using org mode in emacs.

I may well not be a good customer for you, but my key feature is being able to easily extract complete data in real time. You could probably charge me money for this if the tool is good enough (god knows I’ve spent enough time implementing things myself). I’m pretty much completely unwilling to use other programs :/, to actively use this sort of tracking I need to build it into my routines, and that means programmatic access to data or you to have read my mind.

Features that I am actively implementing myself or seriously considering implementing include

• Grouping time spent on different activities by categories, and trying to spend a given proportion of time on different activities.
  • When exploring different ways of solving the same problem, implement some sort of A*-tree search / multi-armed bandit approach to decide what I should work on
  • Examining android logs (needs root :frowning: ) to get similar features there.
  • Trying to spend given amounts of time on specific goals
1 Like

Thanks for your note!

Rescue Time is great. It solves different challenges than Timeboost.

On your specific use case:
-Timeboost automatically categorizes your events and provides charts and graphs based on the categories. IF you don’t like how Timeboost automatically categorizes, you can change the categories and even add your own. Timeboost will remember in the future.
-Timeboost provides a rich Goals feature. You can add goals, milestones, and even put a Time Budget in for your goal to keep you on track.

Over time we’ll look at other data sources. Please keep me posted on how your investigation goes!

Thank you so much for your feedback!