What is the best device / combination of devices to measure continuous HRV and sleep?

I’m looking for the most reliable device(s) to measure continuous HRV (throughout the day) and sleep quality/length. Ideally this would be one wearable but it seems that most wearables that measure sleep can’t measure HRV reliably due to motion artifacts (see eg: https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-wristband-activity-tracker-that-tracks-HRV-reliably-enough).

My research is taking me in the direction of the Polar M400 (for sleep tracking)+ Polar H7 band (for continuous HRV) as it probably makes most sense to be operating within one ecosystem for data handling but I have some doubts over the quality of the M400’s sleep tracking.

Would be great to hear from others if you have any experience or recommendations here?

I don’t know if there are any consumer-grade sleep tracking devices that are very accurate, but the Emfit QS might be interesting. You won’t need to put on another wristband, and this device also captures HRV.

1 Like