Which wearable(s) are best for tracking "everything"?

Hello,

I am new to the QS-community, but I want to step up my tracking game and begin tracing everything - sleep, activity, leisure, breathing, heartrate, caloric intake (and “outtake”)… simply everything.

Do anyone know what devices or tools I can use to do so? I have a limited budget, but I got a Polar Vantage M sportswatch from my job, any applications or tools that correlates well with this watch? Google has not helped me so much …

Thanks in advance! Happy tracking :slight_smile:

The first question is always why? :smile:

1 Like

Well, first of, it is because I wish to learn how my various “patterns” works and perhaps change these for better ones. Like my sleep, I go to bed at 9pm and wake up at 5am, but during those 8h, I wake up perhaps 15-20 times, for about 2-5min at a time. Extremely annoying! And, when it comes to tracking my vital signs, this is because of family history with high blood pressure and early heart attacks, which I would very much like to avoid…

Thanks for responding!

If elevated blood pressure is a concern, might be worth taking regular readings? I shared my experience in this project log.

I believe the Polar Vantage M does sleep tracking; do the metrics it reports match up with your subjective experience of sleep quality?

You can track blood parameters within Microsoft’s Healthvault. I use the website to track all my DR visit results
onplanners

Thanks for your reply and tips! I’ll check it out

I’ll check out your project. I have also seen that you are quite active on this forum, Eric, which is cool!

No, I feel like the watch tells me the opposite than my body does; i.e. if I wake up feeling rested and ready to go, my watch almost always tells me I have had “poor sleep”. And vice versa… Any tips for how to improve the accuracy of the watch?

HealthVault was shut down last year.

If you wake up feeling rested and ready to go, don’t let your watch tell you otherwise :smile:

Maybe find a way to manually log how well you slept each night?

Our late friend Seth Roberts used to track his sleep on a 100 point scale. I would give him a hard time about this: how could he tell the difference between an 88 and an 89? But he did a lot of structured empirical exploration using this scale. I like a 3 point scale: 1=bad/2=ok/3=good.

(Beware of serious ‘rabbit hole’ risk if you don’t know Seth’s work and click the link.)

1 Like

You can track your blood markers in wellnessfx.com, for free.