Your Top 5 Combined Data Sources?

If you could combine data from any sources, which would be your top 5?

Some small QS platforms have tried to do this for you, but I’m wondering what you would want in your own personal QS platform. Maybe because you’ve already done it and love it, maybe you haven’t because it’s too hard, whatever the case may be.

My top 5 are:

1. Fitbit (from my Charge 2)
  2. Sleep Cycle
  3. Browser / app usage (app usage not possible for me on iPhone)
  4. Diet (from MyFitnessPal I guess, but wish there was something easier)
  5. Finances (somehow get them from the bank, but Mint.com will do)

Right now I haven’t combined them all but I track my sleep with the first two and would like to look at how life in general, but specifically things like my diet and how I spend my time on the internet, affect my finances.

Activity (Fitbit)
Heart Rate (Fitbit)
Blood Pressure (Withings)
Diet (LoseIt)
Sleep patterns (Fitbit)

1 Like

Microbiome, Health Quality Index, Diet, Sleep, Activity

1 Like

Step count (Apple Health App from iPhone)
Weight/Body Scale (Apple Health App from Withings)
Sleep tracking (Apple Health App from Sleep++)
Blood Pressure (Apple Health App from iHealth wrist monitor)
Calorie intake (Apple Heath App from My Fitness Pal)

1 Like

It’s interesting that you mentioned the Apple Health App. What makes you prefer that over the individual apps? Don’t they have more detail within their own respective apps?
I wish Fitbit could connect to Apple Health…
:slight_smile:

I believe that the raw detail in the Health app is identical to the individual apps. Obviously the app can limit the detail, but I don’t think it does.

The Health app should enable quicker development capabilities as it is a one stop shop to get more types of data. The individual apps would serve my needs, but require more development to include the data from multiple sources.

Hey, what’s the Health Quality Index? I tried googling it but nothing showed up

Sorry, I forgot to mention. I semi made it up. I wanted a metric that was easy and quick to quantify.

HQI is defined 1-4

4 No symptoms
3 Symptoms but they do not interfere with my daily wishes and plans
2. Symptoms but they DO interfere with my daily wishes and plans

1. Symptoms require medical attention.
1 Like

What do you mean “if I could”? I can :slight_smile:

Only, it turns out, no automatic insights result from doing so…

But generally speaking, I find these data sources most useful (i.e. they can provide valuable context for specific questions you are looking into):

• Location (Moves)
  • Sleep (Emfit)
  • Activity level (Fitbit)
  • Computer/device usage (RescueTime)
  • Resting heart rate and HRV (HRV4Training).

There are some 3rd party apps and services that allow you to sync data between trackers and either Samsung Health, Google Fit, or Apple Health. One I know does is MyFittnessSync; though there are several others.