Zeo Sleep Monitor

While I haven’t yet used this (since it was first released I haven’t yet looked over history, just checked the last night on the display), I’ll just add my voice to say that it seems to be very useful, and I expect to use it, thanks. It would have been particularly useful in the past until I updated firmware as it understands encrypted data.

The time-to-sleep is particularly misleading with electrodes, as you don’t want to take them off and put them on as readily as a headband, e.g., go into the bathroom, wash and rub forehead to remove loose skin flakes (also good with headband?), and then maybe read or whatever for a while.

Best wishes

Thanks Woody. Working fine here. My suggestions are:

• re-enable printing for the widows version :slight_smile:
  • option to export in a file format that I can put on my iPad, to show the doctor - maybe just a jpeg?
  • ideally, (but obviously over-optimistically), a query language to interrogte the database - but probably more realistically, some additional views. For instance, I’m interested in what influence the day of the week has on my sleep, so I’d like to be able to show only Mondays - noting that some weeks there may not be data for a Monday. I do a lot of erratic travelling, so I’d also be interested to add a marker to a long travelling day and see if the recovery and impact on my sleep is the same after each trip

Hope that’s useful!

Jane

Feedback is always useful.

1: Printing is working, I checked. You have to have a view selected before it prints though, so go to one of the views and the print box will highlight. I just tried it, it is working fine.
2: Good point, The originals did have the file image copy and paste, but it got dropped along the way, I will reimpliment it.
3: The query language would be a bit complicated, as I would need to know exactly what you want to see and put that functionality in, unless you wanted raw data, which you could get from the export, in which case I could just put it in.
You can get the view you want at the moment, if you want. If you expand everything and control click on all the days that are monday, you will get a view of just those days. Not ideal I know, but it would show you what you want.
Markers on the other hand is something that Me and Jay have been talking about, and are currently underway - a way of importing arbitrary data and displaying it at the same time - both as discrete events and continuous related events.
That and notes are the things that I want to put in from now, and some of it will definitely start to appear in the next versions.

I suppose it may be worth having markers on the side, or maybe some kind of filtering of days so you can see them?

With regard to individual day selection, control click and shift click seem to provide quite a bit of versatility in including or excluding specific days or blocks of days, though I’m still working on mastering the technique :slight_smile:

The time to Z that I am showing on the display is the time to Z shown by the zeo to keep the data sorted. Both Jay and I have spent some time trying to make a rule of how the zeo knows where time to Z is, and neither of us have managed it yet - whatever rule you make, you will find some data that contradicts it, so it is hard to tell if it is something in the data or something else the zeo had in the continuous data that it didn’t save.

Thanks for doing this, looks great. However, each time I open the DAT file the software crashes after saying the import was successful. I’m on OS 10.9.4. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Quick update - Just tested the Windows version on my Mac by running it on VMWare Fusion with XP. Opens fine without crashing. Just the Mac version I have the problem with.

Sorry to hear that!

When you reopen the Zeo viewer does it have all the records you imported or not? Does it crash after you ok the dialog, or just as it occurs?

10.9.4 is what I am using here.

Good news, it now appears to be working! Odd as I haven’t logged out or rebooted the Mac. When it wasn’t working the records weren’t there when I reopened Zeo Viewer and it was crashing just after I clicked on OK. Seems fine now. I’ll let you know if it returns :smiley:

Please do. The only thing that should happen after pressing ok is that it redraws the screen with the new information, if the page you were currently looking at has changed (which if you had no data, it shouldn’t), although if I had introduced new bugs last time I updated it I might not have seen a new startup issue, as most people already using it already have data in the system, so it would just be adding it.

Thanks for the information

I have done a small updated, as things had got delayed and I had other commitments. I fixed a few bugs, restructured a few things, and now am adding some other features.

I have added a simple marker for now, where you can mark a day, then it shows in the tree view and the page views as marked. I will expand on that.
I think the most noticeable feature I have added in keyboard navigation and some back / forward day buttons. They seem so natural there you don’t notice they were ever not there after using them for a bit!

Anyway, there is another updated, 0.2.6 on my site at http://www.alienrat.net/software/zeomonitor.html
If you are updating, back up your data first from the file menu. I don’t think there are any issue but quite a lot has changed, so if you don’t have the original files (although they probably are on your zeo), it is worth backing them up.

New version out, 0.2.7. Fixes in this are almost entirely related to CSV export. You can now do a CSV export from the right click of the selected date entry (or entries), as well as the normal way. Download available for Mac and Windows at http://www.alienrat.net/software/zeomonitor.html

The CSV itself now produces an output that is entirely compatible with the original Zeo export, and there are options in the preferences to invert the data, which helps it to appear the correct way round in SleepyHead, which it now will correctly import into.

If you don’t do CSV exporting there is not much new.

Thank you woodinblack. I use your software every day.

Glad to hear it - if you or anyone have any suggestions for updates feel free to air them and I may be able to add them later. Most features actually come from user feedback.

For an example of Woody’s viewer working with SleepyHead, see here: ZeoViewer with SleepyHead

I have just done a quick release of version 0.2.8 of the viewer. I had a bug report that it was crashing on some systems on import and found that there was an error that could occur under some circumstances just after import.

As a result I have withdrawn 0.2.7 (and 0.2.6 to be safe) and have uploaded the new version. The only change in this version is a fix to this bug, there is no new or changed functionality.

I would recommend an update for anyone using one of the last few versions

http://www.alienrat.net/software/zeomonitor.html

Ok its update time again, this time to the snappily numbered 0.2.9.

Highlights of this release are:

• Import from CSV - import from either the exported CSV, or the one from the zeo website
  • Revert to saved (if you didn’t like what you just imported)
  • Toggling of marks and marks in multi day view.

Mac and Windows versions have been updated. I have made a linux version for ubuntu, but installers are a lot more complicated on linux, so didn’t want to hold up everyone else for that.

http://www.alienrat.net/software/zeomonitor.html

Thank you very much for this !!
My daughter has been using my old Zeo sleep monitor for a few days with new head bands I found in a drawer.
And I was deceived to see the company is now out of business. So your software saved me.
I got the data from the sdcard as-is without updating the firmware or anything.
I use your app in Mac OS X Yosemite, everything works perfectly.
Thanks again !

Bunbury

PS: BTW where can one find new headband now ? I looked on eBay, no luck :frowning:

Glad it is of use to you!

If there are other features you want to see, don’t be afraid to ask, it has got to where it is mostly down to user requests.

For headbands, some people are working on that on a different thread. Have a look at the end of the massive Zeo thread:
https://forum.quantifiedself.com/showthread.php?tid=654

Happy new year!

And to bring in the new year, we have Zeo Viewer 0.3.0.

Available at my site at http://www.alienrat.net/software/zeomonitor.html and the usual positions on the website (easiest to follow the links on the page).
If you have installed the windows version before you can just use the update, otherwise use the full installer.

Fixes and modifications for this version:
[list]
[]CSV import rewritten to prevent multiple records for the same day
[
]CSV export has minor corrections found when importing
[]Fixes for people importing in different timezones (than the UK)
[
]Deleting records from context menu on the date tree works as you would expect and no longer resets every time you change
[*]Time mouse over fixes in positive time zones.
[/list]
No real new features apart from import, although a few things cleaned up, like the tree.
After this I can start with notes and markers on the data.