Zeo shutting down: export your data!

Interesting! Could you say something about who you are? This will be important for rallying support. What’s your name, where are you located, why have you decided to do this?

Thanks!

Sound aweseome :slight_smile:

Hi all,

This looks like an active Zeo user page, so I joined to ask for help.
Looks to me that Manager or Mobile all mixed in here, I got a mobile form ebay.
I can’t find much info/user guide, so I don’t know how to interpret what is happening.

It suppose to blink when you take it off the base, it doesn’t, so I pressed the button until it started blinking.
I managed to pair and connect to one of my phones. It even worked for like 3 hours, then I stopped the tracking. (for some reason the record is not under history)
The it lost connection.
The problem is 99% of the time, after pressing the button, it only blinks 5 times, not enough time to pair. After doing I don’t know what, I managed to trigger it right again, and when it does that, it will keep blinking until (I don’t don’t how long, but I managed to pair my second phone as well) After the pairing however it lost connection again and it will only blink 5 times again.
So any info on this blinking codes?
Tried to measure voltage in the pins but could find any, according to the base fully charged, green light is solid.
thanks for now

Update: The unit is working well, seem to have lot a of power -12-13hrs. When losing connection it can be tricky to restart it but seem s that taking off the charger (even if it doesn’t flash) and put it on the head triggers the app.
Can’t find any raw data files, only an image :frowning:

Been a while. My wife has to go to a proper sleep clinic soon, so I needed to produce some charts that she could look through and take up there.
I was going to do something with the spreadsheet or the XML file, but thought I might as well put it in the application. But I was getting a bit fed up with the Java app, and I also had to quickly learn a cross platform toolkit at work for a new job so I threw it in there, and I think it is starting to look quite useful.

I put some screenshots and notes at http://www.alienrat.net/software/zeomonitor.html - let me know if anyone thinks it is anyone use to them or has any comments about something that would be useful in an app like that (windows / mac) and I can put it in.

Sorry, no use for people with the mobile unit (as I don’t have one to try, or know what data is in there).

Following a long absence, I finally started using my Zeo bedside device again. After collecting 3 weeks of sleep data and then attempting to upload & view it, I was saddened to learn of Zeo’s demise last year! :frowning: Luckily I found this forum and thanks to those such as @bo3bber, @Dan_Dascalescu, and @Jay_Aitchsee I was able to unencrypt my ZEOSLEEP.DAT file and then view my data with the ZeoDecoderViewer v0.2a2! :slight_smile: I’ve also updated my firmware to v2.6.3O so that I can skip the unencrypting step going forward. And I guess I’ll need to look into the DIY Replacement Sensor Pads methods I stumbled upon too…

I also wanted to export my data into a spreadsheet (ex. Excel) like the old MyZeo website offered for easier overall viewing. Luckily, I stumbled upon the ConvertToCSV sample class in the ZeoDataDecoder.zip package. I have compiled that sample code and folded it into the ZeoDataDecoder.jar and posted it inside this ZeoDataDecoder.zip. Use the following command to create your CSV file:

java.exe -jar ZeoDataDecoder.jar ZEOSLEEP.DAT > ZeoSleep.csv

A quick comparison of the data in a ZeoDataDecoder.jar-generated CSV file and a corresponding ZeoDecoderViewer-generated display revealed the following:

• The “Sleep Date” column value does NOT match the date in the corresponding ZeoDecoderViewer-generated display; but the “End of Night” column does match.
  • Are the time values in GMT? They are certainly NOT local.
  • The “Time to Z” column value is HALF of what it is in the corresponding ZeoDecoderViewer-generated display. This posting talks about “the viewer is reporting twice the time to sleep (Z) as it should”.

Thank you QuantifiedSelf.com and all who contribute here!

BTW… I’ve searched high & low for the ZeoDecoderViewer v0.2a2 source (“source_ZeoDecoderViewer0.2a2.zip”) to no avail. :frowning: Does anyone have it?

1 Like

I have the zeo decoder viewer 0.3a source, and have done some fixes to it to get round some of the issues you hit upon (the time to z, and also some other problems than fix problems for the PC viewer). If you want the 0.2a source I will see if I have a copy of that as well (although I didn’t bother with fixes with that).

I did do an updated jar for someone that wanted one that have those fixes in:

http://www.alienrat.net/downloads/zeoDecoderViewerW04a.jar

– corrected the URL!

Here’s the source for 0.2a: source_ZeoDecoderViewer0.2a2.zip (630.5 KB)

Thank you woodinblack & Jay Aitchsee!

@Zimmerma379, Doe this help? It’s from the Zeo Decoder Docs.

4.4 Field Specifications
4.4.1 Time representation

All date and time values are represented using a consistent format described here.
For XML the dates and times are specified as composite tags containing the following
nested tags:

year
month
day
hour (24 hour time)
minute
second

Each tag indicates an integer value. In the human readable format the date and time are compressed into a single line of Field = Year-Month-Day T Hour:Minute:Second (UNIX timestamp value).

In cases where only the time of day is relevant (and the date is not relevant) the date is set to 1970/1/1. In these cases the year, month, and day fields is ignored.
In any case where a null time and date is to be specified, none of the six date or time tags will be present.

Hi
Sorry, trying to get some help finding the post with the most up to date information and thought it was worth asking rather than re-reading 316 posts…

You may recall when I first read that board that I only had the mobile unit, but I finally managed to get hold of a bedside unit a few months back. I checked the firmware version, in a rush, and thought it had the latest unencrypted version 2.6.30, but actually, I’ve checked again today and it’s actually 2.6.3. Bah!!! Is there any way to recover the months of encrypted data? I’ve read the instructions in post #90 which suggests I’ll have to delete all the saved data when I upgrade to 2.6.30, but I was encouraged by zimmerma379’s post #312 which suggested he had unencrypted some data from prior to his firmware upgrade… Can anybody point me at which post describes how to do that??? I realise I’m clutching at straws and it was my own dumb fault for not checking the version properly, but, you know… I’m fallible!! Otherwise, I’m starting from scratch again!

Thanks!

Jane

Jane, go here to my resources post #156 and toward the bottom of the page you’ll see a link to @bo3bber’s decrypter. Just make a copy of the zeosleep.dat file first to be safe.

When you get ready to install the decode viewer, @woodinblack has repaired and corrected the zeodecoderviewer 0.3a. His version is zeodecoder W0.4a which can be used in place of the original 0.2a and can be downloaded from his link in post #315.

You might also want to look back a few posts at post #313 by @woodinblack for a preview of a new viewer he is working on.

1 Like

Is anyone still interested in updates on using disposable electrodes? I’ve posted about them a couple of times (#284; #161); this information is still valid, but I’ve progressed a bit in fine details of technique since then. I’m trying to see just how long I can get; so far I’m up to 18 days with a single set of 3 electrodes from a long-open pack of outdated disposable electrodes, and they’re not (quite) dead yet. Personally I’m happy with disposables, and not having to try to make or acquire headbands; and with this lifetime they’re not at all expensive. Possibly more people “out there” will persevere with Zeos if they know that they work with electrodes that are easily available and inexpensive (if they hear abut it). I don’t come here all that often, but if there’s interest I’ll write up some further details next time (electrode lifetime testing takes a long time). Techniques: Hypafix 5cm tape, Tensive gel (optional, for ~double life), and a moist finger (optional, for a few days longer life).

1 Like

Awesome news on this front! I am definitely interested and can help out with some coding if need be. In terms of a backing store for your options, what about having hooks to the end user’s cloud drive, such as Google Drive, LiveDrive, DropBox, or something like that? Then you could point the PC-based windows app to the same data store as the mobile app? The user could have “settings” where they could point to the physical location of their data store in the cloud - maybe the apps could impersonate them or if you wanted to get real fancy you could put hooks in your app so they could allow / permit it to access their data in their cloud drive.

I like the idea of a PC based app as well as a mobile app (different capabilities). I also think giving users a way to “share” their data from their personal data island with other users of the same app or with 3rd party systems would be a great feature. This could be a one-time data transfer or on some sort of scheduled frequency / real-time.

Ultimately, if users had some peace of mind knowing their data a) belonged to them, b) was backed up online, c) wasn’t going to die with a given service, and d) was always available to them forever - I’m guessing more people would be willing to jump onto your system and give it a shot.

Just some thoughts; hope you’re able to make this a reality!

Is anybody know how to open Zeo Mobile to change battery? Mine is too weak and dead by earlier morning.
Where to get Zeo Mobile Update? I see that 0.0.70 version exists, but mine 0.0.56. I checked webarchive, but it don’t have any .exe files.

A negative answer here might be a bit better than no response at all: I’ve searched the Web several times, and never found any information about changing a Zeo transmitter’s battery. Anyone with a dead one can try to work out how to open it, then see what type of battery is fitted and cobble up a replacement. As replacement transmitters aren’t available, it’s unlikely that anyone will risk destroying a working one. I’d expect it’s likely that both the bedside and mobile transmitter will have similar battery arrangements. If your transmitter is quite useless and you don’t want to open it, maybe somebody in this forum in your region would care to try? HTH

I have finally got to a point with my zeo data viewer application where it provides more information and is easier to use than the Java application, so have decided to post it to enable others to use it.

There are additional features I would like to add but it is in a state where it is highly useable. Anyway, I thought it deserved its own thread, so I posted it here.

and the software itself can be downloaded from:

http://www.alienrat.net/software/zeomonitor.html

Continuing the discussion from Zeo Sleep Monitor:

Jane, my assumption is the wear out mechanism is a combination of dirt and the conducting material being worn off the metallicised cloth. To clean, Zeo recommended hand washing the headband and sensor pad (without the pod) with a delicate fabric cleaner, such as Woolite. When asked by a consumer, they also said a rinse in rubbing alcohol should be OK. Zeo’s 90 day replacement policy was based on the anticipated wear of the silver fabric in the sensor pads. I have rinsed mine in an alcohol bath, seemingly without harmful results, but I’m not sure it did any good, either. I never tried washing in fabric cleaner. You might try an alcohol pad wipe to the forehead before donning the headband and/or a wipe of the pads themselves. Lately, I’ve come to think that a little sweatiness might actually improve the sensitivity of the pads.

[quote=“pol098, post:322, topic:561”] I don’t come here all that often, but if there’s interest I’ll write up some further details next time (electrode lifetime testing takes a long time). Techniques: Hypafix 5cm tape, Tensive gel (optional, for ~double life), and a moist finger (optional, for a few days longer life). HTH, pol098
[/quote]

So do you have a link to what you do and where you get this stuff from?

I get the information stuff from all over the place. I posted details in postings to this thread, #322; #284; and the most detailed post (updated a few times), #161. Most of the results are from what Wikipedia decries as “original research”; I’ve seen no reference to anyone else using one set of three disposable electrodes for more than two nights. I have managed to get 20 with special care, and routinely get over 10 nights.

I get the physical stuff from eBay advertisers (Ambu Blue P electrodes) and Amazon (Tensive, Hypafix).

Also a brief summary at

Sorry, probably not clear, I meant a link to a web page or anything, and where you got the physical parts from.
Thanks, will look into it as we have had over a year on the current sensors (although it doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of degrading yet)